Hello Faithful POP Blog followers. Today, Israel is heavy on my heart, so instead of a blog, I thought I would share a prayer for Israel as they face one of the most difficult challenges in their modern history. I just heard an update from a former Brigadier General in the IDF who is still connected to intelligence. She says the borders are secure, but there is now concern that there may be undercover terrorist cells within Israel that could cause more problems. The residents in Israel need us now more than ever so I first want to pray Psalm 20 over the nation of Israel:
May the Lord answer you (Israel) in the day of trouble;
May the name of the God of Jacob defend you;
2 May He send you help from the sanctuary,
And strengthen you out of Zion;
3 May He remember all your offerings,
And accept your burnt sacrifice. Selah
4 May He grant you according to your heart’s desire,
And fulfill all your purpose.
5 We will rejoice in your salvation (Israel),
And in the name of our God we will set up our banners!
May the Lord fulfill all your petitions.
6 Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed;
He will answer him from His holy heaven.
Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
8 They are brought to their knees and fall,
but we rise up and stand firm.
9 Lord, give victory to the king!
Answer us when we call!
And now these prayers:
- Lord, we pray you will save Israel from this devastating Hamas attack.
- We pray that any hostages still being held will be released or rescued.
- We pray for all of the families who are mourning the loss of loved ones right now, and that there will be no more ruthless killings or attacks on families or IDF soldiers.
- We pray that you will give Israel your wisdom and strength at this time. We want to lift up Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the Knesset. We pray that they will listen to your voice only as they continue to retaliate for this brutal attack on innocent lives.
- If there are any hidden terrorist cells in the land of Israel, we pray they will be found before any harm can be done.
- We lift up hospital workers who may be overwhelmed caring for the injured. Be with them, and give them extra strength. At this point, I want to pray Isaiah 40 over the hospital workers and the IDF:
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
- We pray that other parts of the world, including the United States, will come to Israel’s aid, and we pray against any support of this terrorist attack where over 900 Israelis have perished.
- We pray against the spirit of fear, and we pray for peace in Israel in the midst of this storm.
- Thank you LORD, for your promise that you will never leave us nor forsake us. Help the nation of Israel turn to you for your divine help at this time.
Thank you for praying with me, and please continue to pray for all of the innocent people who are in Israel at this time.
Lisa Burkhardt Worley